Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2008

PhoneBlogz 2 Go!

I've just signed up with a new service (new to me, that is), called PhoneBlogz. The idea is this: I can call a phone number and record a message (1/day for free, plus ads). That message will be stored at phoneblogz.com, and a link will be posted here on this website. Some websites will post the audio directly, but Blogger does not have a way or a place to store MP3 files, so this is the next-best thing.

I'm eager to see how this turns out! I've got a couple of motives for this experiment: 1) I have an assignment due for class, in which I have to post an audio message to my blog; and 2) I want to set up the possiblity for my father to post messages to HIS blog, so I want to see if this works. At 95, he "doesn't do computers". However, he DOES do phones! So, this is really an investment of time and no money to see if I can provide an opportunity for him to reach a wider audience. As a retired professor, he is lost without an audience! He reads 3 newspapers daily (more or less), and is full of ideas and opinions. What better outlet for them than a blog?

I'll keep you posted. Better yet, you should see the results here soon! If it works well, let me know. If it doesn't, that feedback is useful also!! Click on the word Comments below this posting, and add you opinion and ideas to my blog.

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a useful tool. I was wondering what students who didn't own a microphone would do to complete this assignemnt. Creative solution!

    Rhonda B

    ReplyDelete