We are entering the second half of our quarter in COIN 72, an online class in Web Marketing taught by Mimi Will at Foothill College. My final project will be creating a plan for the reorganization of the narfe65.org website that I created in 2005. As I begin this process, I started searching for "competitive organizations", to see how they deal with the challenges of online marketing. Granted, a non-profit association of members is VERY different from a commercial establishment or company. However, some of the same principles will apply. We need to attract members, and keep them active and interested in maintaining their membership. To accomplish that goal, we must "sell" our organization, our ideas, our goals. We must motivate our members to feel a part of "us". And we must fulfill the needs of our members.
One of the organizations I discovered when I conducted this search for "competitors" to NARFE was NFFE, the National Federation of Federal Employees. In the process I came across two promotional videos that I think do a fine job of promoting their organization.
The first one is from HUD members, who explain briefly what they do, and why their work matters:
The second video is more specific about what the organization has done lately. It is more upbeat, and more motivating.
Both videos are good examples of the advantages of using video for an organization and/or a business - Video gets multiple messages across in a way that attracts its viewers, as it informs, entertains, and motivates with its brief message.
Sunday, February 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment