Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Mobile Webs

I surprised even myself by manually clicking through 140 slides on "Rethinking the Mobile Web" by Yiibu. I didn't even know I was interested! What I discovered was that there are some fundamental truths about mobile web programmers that applies to ALL of us. All of the content we programmers (Can I truly consider myself part of this tribe?) come up with must sooner or later reckon with the dilemmas of being seen on variably-sized-screen devices. We can no longer afford to design websites for just one dimension - our own favorite computer screen. Increasingly, more and more of the browsers will be delivering our content via devices for which we never prepared. SO - we had better learn how to adapt our programming styles now, before we get relegated to the ever-growing digital dust heap. Anyway, here's the slideshow that turned my head around:

Rethinking the Mobile Web by Yiibu
View more presentations from Bryan Rieger

No comments:

Post a Comment